Words beginning with ‘E’ have been catching my attention this week. Exuvia: the castoff coverings of animals. Bleah, you say. But think of casting off winter wear and buying fresh Spring clothing. Estivate: to pass the summer in a state of dormancy or torpor. This is me 100%. Honestly not looking forward to the heat. If I could estivate in a nice cool cave stocked with iced champagne the entire time, well that’d be okay. Unfortunately, monthly bills don’t accept estivation as a reason not to forward checks.
An eloquent (“e” word) way of understanding a person is to know the maxims they live by. Review of the etymology (“e” word) of maxim: “An expression of general truth or principle”. Some of my favorites:
- Use it up, wear it out, make do, do without.
- If at first you don’t succeed, trying thinking.
- If you don’t ask, you don’t get.
- To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven.
- In the end, only kindness matters.
- And my favorite for Williams Pioneer Deadlines…
“Git er done!” P