The 6th season of the Arbuckle Certified Farmers Market opened June 12, 2013. Hosted by the Arbuckle Revitalization Committee, the Arbuckle Certified Farmers Market is a valuable community event, and a valuable promotional venue for our small farms and small businesses. It is the first and only Certified Farmers Market in Colusa County.
We are looking forward to a great season this year, with a lot of early produce. This year, the Market will feature all local: Fruit, Vegetables, Nuts, Eggs, Flowers, Olive Oil, Wine, Beef, Crafts & More!
Tommy’s Market Street Grill will be back serving dinner each week at the Market.
On Saturday, June 29, we will have a special Farmers Market and Antique sale. This event will run from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at LaVanche Hursch Community Park. We will have our regular Farmers Market vendors, plus many others, with a wide variety of shopping opportunities. Lunch from Tommy’s Market Street Grill will also be available.
If you are interested in being a vendor at the Arbuckle Certified Farmers Market, you can download the application packet at: www.arbucklerevitalization.org, on the Farmers Market page.
Reasons to support your local Farmers Markets this summer:
- Fresh, local food is superior in nutrition and taste
- Shopping locally has less environmental impact
- Supporting local farms helps to preserve agriculture
- Shopping locally supports your local economy
- Supporting local producers creates community connections
- You can talk to the farmer/crafter directly
- You can try new recipes and find unique gifts
- Farmers Markets are great community events where you can socialize with old friends and make new friends.