The Body of Connie “CB” Johnson Found
On Tuesday, November 12th, Colusa Police were called to investigate the Concepcion “Connie/CB” Johnson, age 51 of Colusa. Johnson worked for the Postal Service in Colusa.
Johnson’s supervisor reported her missing after she failed to show for work either Monday or Tuesday.
There was no answer at Johnsons’s home when the postmaster called to check on her.
Police arrived at Johnson’s home to find her vehicle parked at the curb and her belongings inside.
Police considered Johnson’s disappearance suspicious as she held a consistent attendance record at her workplace and had never failed to show up without calling ahead of time.
Investigators traced Johnson’s whereabouts to as late as Sunday evening at a local restaurant.
Investigators learned of an individual whom was last known to be seen with Johnson, which led them to a location along Lurline Road west of Colusa.
The Colusa County Sheriff’s Office was called to aid the investigation because Lurline Road fell within their jurisdiction.
Johnson’s body was found in a canal off Lurline Road roughly two miles west of Colusa. Her body was recovered by members of the Sheriff’s Office dive team.
The Sheriff’s Office and Colusa Police Department are conducting a joint investigation of the death.
An autopsy is scheduled to occur as part of the investigation.
The Williams Pioneer Review will update this article as soon as more information becomes available.
- Premier Mushrooms Inc. awards grants to Colusa non-profits – March 17, 2017
- Survey finds tobacco and alcohol more available than milk and fresh fruit – March 17, 2017
- Local church to host special event – March 9, 2017
- Umpqua Bank gives grant to Family Action Center – February 23, 2017
- Colusa County Officials recommend residents to prepare for next storm; areal flood warning issued – February 19, 2017
- Recent rain causes flooding conditions west of Williams and road closures – February 17, 2017
- Sheriff’s Office reminds residents to lock vehicles after string of burglaries reported – February 14, 2017
- Hospital Community Meeting Postponed – February 13, 2017
- The Village Bistro now open – February 9, 2017
- EDUCATION: Colusa High School fall semester honor roll – February 9, 2017