The community is asked to decorate storefronts, houses, lawns, trees or anything for “Paint the County Purple”, which helps raise awareness for the Relay for Life Event.
A friendly competition will be held with a judging held throughout the day on August 7th. Judging will be based on the decorations, and one winner will be chosen as best decorated. A traveling trophy will be presented to the 2015 winner to display proudly until 2015 where it will travel on to the next “Paint the County Purple” winner.
The communities of Arbuckle, Colusa, Maxwell, Williams, Grimes and Princeton will ALL have the opportunity to decorate their towns with the signature American Cancer Society Purple – all in good fun and awareness.
“Paint the County Purple” ideas include:
• Paint your storefront window purple
• Display Crafted Cancer Sucks / Hope / Support Purple Signs
• Decorate Entrances, fences, and doors with purple ribbons, and balloons
• Tie purple ribbons around neighborhood trees
• Turn your porch light purple
• Ask staff to wear purple or Relay for Life T-Shirts
• Serve or sell something purple in your store with a portion of the proceeds benefiting Relay 4 Life
• Go Purple Crazy! The ideas are limitless
If you would like more information about “Paint the County Purple” contact the Relay for Life of Colusa County, “Paint the County Purple” Chairperson, Lloyd Green Jr. at (530) 473-5652 or email email@example.com