NOTICE OF IMPENDING POWER TO SELL TAX-DEFAULTED PROPERTY
(Rev. & Tax. Code, §§ 3361, 3362)
Pursuant to Revenue and Taxation Codes sections 3691 and 3692.4, the following conditions will, by operation of law, subject real property to the tax collector’s power to sell.
1) All property for which property taxes and assessments have been in default for five years or more.
2) All property that has a nuisance abatement lien recorded against it and for which property taxes and assessments have been in default for three or more years.
3) Any property that has been identified and requested for purchase by a city, county, city and county or nonprofit organization to serve the public benefit by providing housing or services directly related to low-income persons and for which property taxes and assessments have been in default for three or more years.
The parcels listed herein meet one or more of the criteria listed above and thus, will become subject to the tax collector’s power to sell on July 2, 2018, 12:01 a.m., by operation of law. The tax collector’s power to sell will arise unless the property is either redeemed or made subject to an installment plan of redemption initiated as provided by law prior to close of business on the last business day in June. The right to an installment plan terminates on the last business day in June, and after that date the entire balance due must be paid in full to prevent sale of the property at public auction.
The right of redemption survives the property becoming subject to the power to sell, but it terminates at close of business on the last business day prior to the date of sale by the tax collector.
All information concerning redemption or the initiation of an installment plan of redemption will be furnished, upon request, by Daniel A Charter, 547 Market Street, Colusa, CA 95932, (530) 458-0440.
The amount to redeem, including all penalties and fees, as of June 2018, is shown opposite the parcel number and next to the name of the assessee.
PARCEL NUMBERING SYSTEM EXPLANATION
The Assessor’s Parcel Number (APN), when used to describe property in this list, refers to the assessor’s map book, the map page, the block on the map, if applicable, and the individual parcel on the map page or in the block. The assessor’s maps and further explanation of the parcel numbering system are available in the assessor’s office.
Property tax defaulted on July 1, 2013 for the taxes, assessments and other charges for the Fiscal Year 2012-2013:
- 001-083-012-000 BERTHA GOMEZ $5,009.31
636 JAY STREET, COLUSA
- 001-203-008-000 CINDY BAUMAN & JOHNNY HUFFMAN $5,126.64
638 BRIDGE STREET, COLUSA
- 001-294-005-000 ROBERT E & JEAN LUNSFORD $9,560.92
1132 FIFTH STREET, COLUSA
- 005-036-001-000 EQUITY TRUST COMPANY $2,337.81
110 SIXTH STREET, WILLIAMS
- 005-172-005-000 LOIS S MORROW $3,815.27
850 I STREET, WILLIAMS
- 019-100-035-000 CHARLES E FROH TR ET AL $27,440.81
88.34 AC SEC 14 T14N R1W
- 019-100-021-000 CHARLES E FROH ET AL $11,805.32
74 AC POR SEC 14 T14N R1W
- 019-100-045-000 CHARLES E FROH ET AL $4,549.47
16.66 AC SEC 13 T14N R1W
- 019-100-046-000 CHARLES E FROH ET AL $13,881.15
55.43 AC SEC 13 T14N R1W
- 019-100-047-000 CHARLES E FROH TR ET AL $4,917.35
24 AC SEC 13 T14N R1W
- 019-100-048-000 CHARLES E FROH TR ET AL $2,609.64
64.57 AC SEC 13 T14N R1W
- 020-171-001-000 JULIO & OLIVIA R MAGANA $8,829.64
1 MIDWAY AVE, ARBUCKLE
- 021-130-007-000 MATTHEW JOHNSON ET AL $26,701.13
20 AC ALMONDALE SUB E POR LOT 9
- 030-330-006-000 LOUIS MIELKE $237.48
.25 AC CEN RCH UNIT B 2 LOT 405
- 030-360-016-000 PHYLLIS S HEDBERG $232.43
.25 AC CEN RCH UNIT B 3 LOT 641
- 030-370-024-000 OSCAR DELGADO $279.26
.40 AC CEN RCH UNIT B 3 LOT 584
- 030-380-023-000 CLYDE E BENNETT $233.71
.35 AC CEN RCH UNIT B 2 LOT 305
- 030-400-015-000 MATEUS & MARIA H HENRIQUES $1,864.78
.27 AC CEN RCH UNIT B 4 LOT 878
- 030-490-013-000 LUIS J & ANGEL RAMIREZ ET AL $9,157.12
161 WILDCAT RD, STONYFORD
I certify or (declare), under penalty of perjury, that the foregoing is true and correct.
/s/Daniel A Charter
Colusa County Tax Collector
05/23, 05/30, 06/06/2018 – #2018-0684