The candidate list for the general election on November 4, 2014, has been released by the Colusa County Clerk and recorder. The races involved include a number of school district trustees, municipal seats as well as special districts.
Below are the qualified candidates running for office.
- Colusa City Council has two seats available with incumbent Thomas Resische filed, and David G. Womble also filed.
- Williams City Council has three seats available with incumbents Patricia Ash, Angela Plachek-Fulcher, and Alfred Sellers, Jr. filed. Charles ‘Chuck’ Bergson and Santos Jauregui have also filed.
- The Colusa County Board of Education Trustee Area 3 has one seat available with Nancy G. Marshall filed for the seat.
- No candidates have filed for Colusa County Board of Education, Trustee Area 4. In the event no nominees for the office have been filed, the governing board shall make an appointment as necessary. The qualified person nominated shall be seated at the organizational meeting of the board. Persons so appointed shall be seated at the organizational meeting as if they had been elected.
- The Colusa County Board of Education Trustee Area 5 has one seat available with incumbent David Scroggins filed, and Edward Conrado also filing for the seat.
- The Colusa Unified School District has two seats available with incumbent Charles Yerxa filed. Jacqueline ‘Jackie’ Sanchez and Kathie Ann Whitesell also filing for a seat.
- The Maxwell Unified School District has three, four-year term seats available with Benjamin Pearson, Cristy Edwards, Thomas Kyle Miller, Tom Charter, Jason Bowen, Zachary Dennis and Kim Giffin all filing for a seat. A two-year term is also available with incumbent Diana Kemp Azevedo filed for the seat.
- The Pierce Joint Unified School District has two seats available with incumbents John R. Friel, Sr. and Amy E. Charter filed. Eduardo Ayala has also filed.
- The Princeton Joint Unified School District has three seats available with incumbents Cathy Withrow, and Victoria Reamer filed. Troy Hansen, Joseph Ferrendelli, Debra J. Wills, and Clinton Jeremiah Wills have also filed.
- The Williams Unified School District has two four-year tearm seats available with Kelly Wade Lewis, Silvia Vaca, and Maryah Stoots filed. Additionally the district has one two-year seat available with Rosa E. Orozco-Lopez filed.
- The Arbuckle-College City Fire Protection District has two seats available with incumbents David Burgess and Michael Doherty filed.
- The Colusa County Resource Conservation District has three seats available with incumbents Ben Felt, Robert Alvernaz, and Tom Hicok filed.
- The Maxwell Public Utility District has two four-year term seats available with incumbents Thomas A. Detelfsen, and David Carvalho, Jr. filed. Additionally the district has one two-year term seat available with no-one filed. ■