Sunday, March 7, 2021

NEWSPAPER PUBLISHED WEEKLY ON THURSDAY

Grease Fire Damages Apartment

One apartment suffered damage after a Saturday afternoon grease fire located at the 1100 block of E Street in Williams.

Firefighters were called to the scene about 2:30 p.m. Upon arrival, they discovered that a grease fire went up into the range hood and was starting to spread.

Firefighters were able to contain the blaze before it spread to additional units.

“If it had gone into the attic we could have had a tragic loss to the complex,” said Williams Fire Chief, Jeff Gilbert who estimated damages to be about $5,000.

One engine, along with additional personnel fought the fire. All tenants were evacuated and there were no injuries, Gilbert said. 

More News

Local Government

Public & Legal Notices