Tuesday, May 11, 2021



Colusa County Historic Look Back: July 27, 2016

Research and synopses by: Resa Lyn

50 Years Ago

February 14, 1966 • Colusa Sun

Eric C. Sankey, head of the Sankey Automobile Co. was presented a gold 50-year Masonic membership pin at the meeting of the Colusa lodge No. 240 Free and Accepted Masons.

75 Years Ago

January 17, 1941 • Colusa Times

Ad. Park Market, 10th and Market, Phone 311. The Red and White Store. Baker’s Sweet Milk Chocolate, 16 oz. 17¢; French’s Mustard, 9 oz. 12¢; Lettuce Fresh Local, 3 for 10¢; Luncheon Meat, 12 oz. 25¢.

100 Years Ago

September 16, 1916 • The Colusa Herald

The trial of Dan Lewis and W.J. Casey charged with an assault with a deadly weapon with intent to commit murder was set for the September 28. The case grew from a fight at the National Hotel in which, night clerk Fritz Olsen received two wounds from a knife in the hands of Casey.

September 2, 1916 • The Colusa Herald

The Board of School Trustees received plans and drawings from noted San Francisco architect W.H. Weeks for the proposed new Colusa primary and grammar school building. The total cost of the structure will be $65,000.

150 Years Ago

June 2, 1866 • The Weekly Colusa Sun

A splendid new boiler came up Saturday for the Colusa Mills. It is now being put in place and by the time the final sack of grain in threshed, the mill will be ready to make into flour.

More News

Local Government

Public & Legal Notices