CITY OF COLUSA
NOTICE OF APPLICATION FOR APPOINTMENT TO FILL A CITY COUNCIL VACANCY
TERM ENDS NOVEMBER 2018
The City of Colusa is seeking to fill a vacancy on the City Council. The selected person will be appointed and serve as a City Council member until the general municipal election on November 6, 2018.
The Council is looking for an individual who has an understanding of the issues facing the City and who can demonstrate a history of active civic leadership, community service and engagement in the City of Colusa. In addition to attending regular Council meetings, the individual selected should be available to participate on Committees as appointed. The City Council holds regular meetings the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month at 6:00 p.m.
Interested applicants for the City Council position must:
- Complete and return the application to the City Clerk by 5:00 pm on February 26, 2018 at 425 Webster Street, Colusa, CA 95932.
- Attend the March 6, 2018 City Council Meeting at 6:00 pm.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to be eligible.
- Must be a resident and registered voter of the City of Colusa
- Must file a Statement of Economic Interest (Form 700)
The City Council will consider all applications and make an appointment by a majority vote of the Council at the City Council Meeting of Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 6:00 pm.
Currently members of the City Council receive a stipend of $300 per month.
Please contact the City Clerk at 530-458-4740, extension 111 for further questions.
02/14. 02/21/2018 – #2018-0246