To best serve our community during this time, the Library has designated the first hour of each service day as seniors-only hour. All patrons must call their local branch to schedule an appointment. This service includes materials check out and computer use. One hour is allowed per visit. Patrons will be permitted one hour of computer use due to limited resources. Curbside service will continue to be provided for those who prefer picking up their materials outside of the library.
In-person programs or the use of meeting rooms will remain suspended at this time. However, digital programs will continue to be added to the Library’s Facebook and Instagram accounts. Digital resources such as eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and music are always available through the Library’s website 24/7 through services like OverDrive, RBdigital and Hoopla.
How does curbside pick-up by appointment work?
Patrons will need to place a hold on library materials on the Colusa County Free Library website or by calling their preferred branch location. To use the online catalog:
- Log in to https://librarycatalog.countyofcolusa.org/ using your library card account.
Search for your item in the Catalog.
- Select “place a hold.” Please note that holds are only available for items in our collection, at this time, not from our partner libraries in Sacramento, Folsom, Woodland, or Sutter.
Once the hold has been placed:
At scheduled pickup time, patron will park curbside, and retrieve their items at the designated curbside pickup area at the branch. Items will be checked-out to patrons in advance and staged in a bag for convenience. Staff assistance will be provided to those who need help due to mobility limitations.
Material picked up curbside will be checked out to patrons for 6 weeks. Overdue fines will not apply to these materials.
Colusa County Free Library is also taking these additional measures to ensure the safety of patrons and staff during any in-person appointments and curbside pick-up interactions:
- Face coverings are required for staff and public.
- Plexiglas sneeze guards have been installed at all service desks.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at service desks.
- Returned materials are quarantined for up to 72 hours before they are checked in and shelved.
MAIN BRANCH, COLUSA – 530/458-0372
MONDAY: closed for cleaning
ARBUCKLE BRANCH – 530/473-2526
GRIMES BRANCH – 530/437-2428
MAXWELL – 530/438-2250
PRINCETON – 530/439-2235
STONYFORD – 530/963-3722
WILLIAMS – 530/473-5955