Thursday, February 25, 2021

County awards bid for Lodoga Stonyford Road repair

Roadwork is underway to repair the segment of Lodoga Stonyford Road that suffered extreme damage from heavy equipment during the 2018 Ranch Fire, which burned about 459,000 acres of the Mendocino Forest in Colusa, Glenn, and Lake counties.

The Board of Supervisors on Oct. 27 awarded the contract to Lamon Construction Co. Inc, of Yuba City. The company will repair the road from the Little Stony Creek Bridge to the Little Indian Creek Bridge.

Nine construction companies bid on the project, projecting costs up to $1.2 million, county officials said.

Lamon Construction was determined to be the lowest responsible bid at $996,430. About 75 percent of the cost will come from the USDA and the remaining 25 percent from the Colusa County Road Fund, officials said.

About 2.11 miles of roadway will be repaired. Work will include clearing and pulverizing the damaged roadbed in order to replace the asphalt and re-stripe the pavement.

The Lodoga Stonyford Road is the main artery to the foothill communities west of Maxwell, in Colusa County.

Susan Meeker
Susan Meeker
Susan Meeker is the Editor and Reporter for the Pioneer Review. She started her position with the Pioneer Review in January 2017 as the Advertising Manager. Susan specializes in local crime, government reporting. She also loves covering the various topics and events in our county. You can send her a message at susan@colusacountynews.net

More News

Local Government

Public & Legal Notices

Latest Headlines