REVISED NOTICE OF AVAILABILITY
COUNTY OF COLUSA
PUBLIC DRAFT HOUSING ELEMENT
March 18, 2020
The Public Draft Housing Element 2020-2028, a focused update to the Housing Element of the County’s General Plan, is available for public review and comment. The Housing Element is required by State law to identify and analyze existing and projected housing needs in order to preserve, improve and develop housing for all economic segments of the community, and demonstrate how the County will accommodate its fair share of regional housing needs. The County of Colusa is updating the Housing Element consistent with the requirements of State law. The Draft Housing Element includes a Housing Program, which establishes goals, policies, and implementation programs to address the County’s housing needs through 2028.
The Public Review Draft Housing Element addresses the following topics:
• Review and evaluation of the current Housing Element;
• Population growth and employment trends;
• Household characteristics;
• Housing costs and vacancy rates;
• New construction and special population housing needs;
• Resources available for housing production;
• Inventory of available residentially zoned land;
• Governmental and non-governmental constraints to housing production;
• Energy conservation measures; and
• Existing affordable housing developments.
Where to View the Draft Housing Element
The Draft Housing Element update may be reviewed by contacting: Colusa County Community Development Department by Phone at (530) 458-0480 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a copy.
• Copies of the Draft Housing Element can be reviewed at all Colusa County Library branches UPON RE-OPENING
The Housing Element may also be reviewed online at www.countyofcolusa.org/planningandbuilding.
How to Comment on the Draft Housing Element
All interested parties are invited to review the draft document and express their opinions.
THE PREVIOUSLY NOTICED PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING FOR MAY 6, 2020 HAS BEEN CANCELLED. THE PUBLIC HEARING BEFORE THE PLANNING COMMISSION WILL BE TENTATIVELY RESCHEDULED FOR JUNE 3, 2020.
If you would prefer to comment in writing, please submit written comments to: Kent Johanns, Associate Planner, at 220 12th Street, Colusa, CA, 95932 or by e-mail to: email@example.com. Please call 530 458-0480 with any questions you may have. The public comment period will close on May 18, 2020.
04/29/2020 – WPR #2020-0595