How does curbside pick-up by appointment work?
Library patrons will need to place a hold on library materials on the Colusa County Free Library website or by calling 458-7671. To use the online catalog:
- Log in to https://librarycatalog.countyofcolusa.org/ using your library card account.
- Search for your item in the Catalog.
- Select “place a hold.” Please note that holds are only available for items in our collection, at this time, not from our partner libraries in Sacramento, Folsom, Woodland, or Sutter.
Once the hold has been placed:
- The Library patron will be notified by email or phone that their item on hold is available for pickup.
- Upon notification, the library patron will schedule a pickup time.
- At scheduled pickup time, the patron will park curbside, and retrieve their items at the designated curbside pickup area at the branch. Items will be checked-out to patrons in advance and staged in a bag for convenience. Staff assistance will be provided to those who need help due to mobility limitations.
- Material picked up curbside will be checked out to patrons for 6 weeks. Overdue fines will not apply to these materials.
During the curbside service, the library will be employing social distancing and public health recommendations for employees and patrons. This includes placing all returned items in quarantine for 72 hours, and providing checked out materials in a plastic bag for curbside pick-up to reduce contact.
The Library is working to expand curbside service to the branches as soon as possible and in a safe, coordinated effort.
“We are working to restore all library services and access soon as possible in a safe, coordinated and phased effort,” said Colusa County Librarian, Stacy Costello. “We will continue to follow the County’s public health guidelines for operations, and all of our reopening plans will be vetted through the County Department of Public Health.”
“In the meantime, we are continuing to develop digital programming that is educational, engaging, and fun,” Costello said.
Currently, the Literacy Coordinator and Youth Services Coordinator are registering participants in three summer reading programs. The programs, which begin in June, will include pre-recorded Storytime’s posted on our Facebook page along grab-and-go bags filled with corresponding activities and supplies. For children, ages 0-5, the library is offering the Little Explorers Summer Reading Program. This program introduces STEAM concepts and sensory experiences for our youngest patrons. For primary school students, the Dig Deeper Summer Reading Program is chalk full of stories and activities that encourage kids to read, investigate and discover. And back for its fourth year, the Book to Movie club engages middle schoolers to compare and contrast books and their film adaptations. Call 458-0373 or 458-0379 to find out more or to register your child.