Krouse named pastor of First Christian in Colusa

Dr. S. Samuel Krouse and his ife Ann.

Colusa First Christian Church has named Dr. S. Samuel Krouse to be its pastor earlier this month.

Krouse and his wife Ann, have deep roots in Colusa County. Samuel graduated from Colusa High School in 1965 and married his wife Ann, who graduated from Pierce High School in 1964.

After serving with the U.S. Army, the couple moved back to the area where Krouse attended the Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary, where he earned a Master of Divinity in 1975 and received his Doctorate of Ministry in 1979. He then pastored several churches from 1975 until 2012 when Dr. Krouse retired at the age of 65. He also is an instructor at a Marysville Charter School.

Earlier in the year, the leaders of the First Christian Church of Colusa asked Krouse to fill a vacancy as their pastor.

“Ann and I prayed and felt God calling them back into the pastoral ministry,” said Krouse.

Krouse began at the church in May and added a new Sunday Worship service time at 5 PM.

“They wanted to give people an alternative to Sunday morning,” said Krouse. “There’s also an adult Bible study during the week.”

The First Christian Church is housed in the oldest church building in Colusa. The building having been completed in 1869 and continuous use since then.

The church is part of the Disciples of Christ denomination and is located at 725 Jay St, in Colusa.

Lloyd Green Jr, Editor
Lloyd Green Jr. is the Owner and Publisher of the Williams Pioneer Review. He is dedicated in publishing the news and informing the community of Colusa County. Lloyd has been with the publication since 2008, and purchased the business in 2010. Under his ownership the newspaper has grown significantly in subscriptions, publishes weekly, and obtained the title of Newspaper of General Circulation by the Superior Court of Colusa County in Sept. 2007. Lloyd is also the director of advertising, classified manager, legal notice clerk, and circulation manager. To contact Lloyd, email him at or call (530) 458-4141 ext. 100.